View Single Post
      09-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
pcguru19
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugo135 View Post
Lately the truck in Drive has been feeling extremely sluggish and unresponsive to gas pedal. I mean it eventually gets going when I apply the gas pedal alittle harder. Is this common or is there an issue? Also the idle seems to be jumpy while driving as if it doesn't know what gear its in like its confused, when comin to a red light it'll just jump down to 500 than shoot back up to 1000 for no apparent reason. I recently did a strait pipe exhaust which had no problems but yesterday I removed the resonators/mufflers (ones in the middle) swapped them out for cherry bombs don't know if that's my problem but I doubt it is. I'm in the process of doing a full tune up already have all the parts
I haven't tried this on my X5, but I think the tranny reset would be the same as a 5-series. Put the key fob in, don't push the brake and push the power switch so the systems come on, but not the motor. Hold the gas pedal down for 30 seconds.

If this works, it will reset the transmission to "learning mode". It should make shifting a little more responsive.
Appreciate 0