Thread: Adaptive Drive
View Single Post
      03-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
justforfun
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I only test drove X6s with this option. I would argue that in the X6s I drove, none have ever felt like they had a stiff ride and most drove amazingly well (very little body lean). I don't think you will regret getting this option unless you are planning on owning the car out of warranty.

There is a sport button but it changes the ride very little (you feel the bumps a bit more). I should also add that I have the 19" wheels which probably ride a bit smoother than the 20s. Although all the X6s I drove with Adaptive drive had 20s and they rode fine too.

Last but not least, someone posted that this now includes Active Steering (a significant savings over 2012 where you had to buy both). Active Steering is by far my favorite feature on this car (ahem, truck).
Thanks for your response. Yes I plan on owning the car out of warranty. Why you say this?

I was thinking that this Adaptive drive is the option with the dial setting for Comfort, Normal, Sport...no? If not, does all the X6s comes with this dial setting option?

Also, I see that you have the Space saver spare, what exactly is this type of option?
Appreciate 0