Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by markE90 View Post
Thanks! Thats pretty well explained!
Sorry im new to leasing.

Couple more things: when you are making your calculations make sure you adjust your invoice price for the $3,500 eco-credit (in other words get the actual invoice amount and then subtract $3,500 and negotiate your deal based on that adjusted invoice price). Also don't forget to add at the end the $725 acquisition fee (be careful there too, as that is another place where BMW suggests that amount, but dealers can mark it up by up to $200, and will tell you that is a BMW fee that they can't do anything about....). Finally, if you are a BMW FS current customer you get $750 in loyalty cash which you can apply to reduce your capitalized cost.

I was in your situation three years ago: first time leasing and with little idea about it. I am glad I found this and other forums. It was like taking a leasing for dummies course, and definitely paid off. Then a month back I was negotiating my new lease and needed a refresher, and again this and other forums and bmwconfig.com helped me refresh my memory and negotiate a fairly good deal again. So don't be afraid to ask questions (though search the forums first, as most questions have already been answered in the past), we have all had a first time...

Good luck!
Appreciate 0