View Single Post
      01-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by markE90
Anymore inputs on your lease payments guys?

Whats the average lease payment for a $57,600
X5d? 12k 36mos.
I wouldn't focus on the payments initially, but start on the actual price you will pay above invoice. I'd say any deal between $500 and $1,000 above invoice is decent, though several people manage to get below that (make sure when you negotiate price it is "all in", as dealers can be sneaky in adding stuff afterwards as additional fees). The other thing you want to focus on is the money factor (the "interest rate" on a lease). If I am not mistaken BMW suggests a money factor, but allows dealers to mark it up a bit, so ask about it and use the Internet to find out how it compares to the BMW official one. As mentioned before in this thread, you can buy down your money factor by putting in up to 7 security deposits, which if you run the numbers, works out to a pretty good return on that money. If you do your homework and get a good price and the MF locked, the result sholud be good in terms of payments.

The advantage of doing this instead of just focusing on payments is that the monthly payment differential between a good and a not so good price and/or between a marked up MF and the standard MF might look irrelevant or very small (not so much when you multiply it times 36...).

Go to bmwconfig.com it has good tools for negotiating a good lease deal.
Appreciate 0