05-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Shenard, if Dinan has issues getting the maping decoded and figured out and based on the comment they made about the limited production quantities they figure this model will have, do you still think that they will be releasing a larger tubo upgrade kit???
Well as I said this engine is already in the new 7 series and I am sure in will make its way down the line and wouldn't be surprised if is for basis of next gen m5/m6. So I think Dinan has the potential for lots of opportunity.

I am beginning to think their "low production model comment" may mean BMW has outwitted them and they aren't going to be able to play with it as much,maybe not at all. They have had an X6 from foofitr for 17 weeks and still have not figured it out, as most will remember you were only going to have to give up your X6 "for two weeks".

I still think BMW is missing the boat in not offering performance packages that you could buy through the dealer (they could even contract with Dinan to do them). The auto industry is never going to be as it was and this would be a way for BMW to make some money with a good ROI that they have already made.

I might go drop $3-5k for performance upgrade but I'm not going to take the depreciation hit to turn around an buy an M version.

Last edited by dmlgc; 05-12-2009 at 08:44 PM..
Appreciate 0