View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Wow man that sucks. I've only got 1300 miles on my X6M (I've had it for just over a week now) and have not had any noise from the brakes.

My previous car, a 2009 MB SLK 300 had squeaky brakes most of its life though, and I noticed it more when the car and brakes were cold. After warming up a bit and using the brakes harder, it would go away. Pulling out of my driveway in the morning, squeaky brakes.

Do your X6M brakes squeak constantly even after a long drive in reverse, or only when cold?

Also I am not mechanically inclined much, but logic seems to dictate that if you replaced rotors and pads and still get the squeak, maybe the issue is with placement of the calipers or the pistons in the calipers - did you have calipers looked at or replaced? It seems to me that replacing discs again, unless you got some bad ones, might not fix the issue.

Look on the bright side though, in reverse you can think of it as a safety feature, so people hear you reversing and get out of the way - kidding, but couldn't resist.

Good luck, I hate squeaky brakes and I know how frustrating it can be especially on a nice car.
Appreciate 0