View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
5seriesHB
In The Game!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 535 Msprt/12 X5 5.0 Msprt

Black Kidney Grille Install

So i installed the black Kidney grilles a few days ago and thought i would share my experience.
Super easy.... just have a soft touch so u dont snap the clips!

These are the BMW performance Black Kidney Grilles glossy on the outside and matte on the inner rails
Part# for left and right grilles
B34651-71-2-150-246
B34651-71-2-150-247
Pop your hood, and then look carefully at the grille on the inside of the hood. Tthere are some tabs on the outside of the grille, that is what is holding the grille against the metal of the hood. There are about 3 tabs on the bottom and one on each side. You need to release those with a putty knife(5serieshb used a purdy thin putty knife no tape) or large flat screwdriver with some electrical tape on the end so you don't scratch anything. You only need to do this for the outter tabs, the inner tabs hold the black slats into the outter black trim, and you don'need to touch those

Once you have released the outter tabs, then just push the grille out towards the front of the car, starting with the bottom of the grill first. Repeat for the other grille

I have a link with pictures

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...22#post7311522
Appreciate 0