02-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #32
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
Sounds pretty close to my reasoning. The handling was one of the biggest but the smoking gun was the rarity. I see WK2 Srt's atleast once if not twice a day. The fact that my buddy got one just nailed the coffin shut for me.

Do you like your Velos stage 2 tune? Like I said before I have been talking with PP-Performance about their tune and they are claiming 718hp which I believe is a significant amount more then the other 2 tunes that I have considered which are the Velos stage 2 or VF Engineering's stage 2. I realize that the 718 hp claim is arbitrary do to the differences in dyno machines and I'm assuming that the PP-Performance claim is not from a reading taken at the wheels unlike the other companies. PP-Performance did also include with the price of their tune 2 different pulls on their dyno 1 before the tune and 1 after. I'm curious to how you like your Velos tune? I know how highly everyone speaks of their customer service and I have talked to Omar briefly and would agree with the popular consensus. I'm just weary of going balls to the wall and blowing another engine b/c like you said it doubtful I will find one in a junk yard.

718hp at the flywheel would be 568hp at the wheels assuming there is a 21% loss between the two. I'm pretty sure that 21% is the correct loss from engine to rear wheels for an automatic car but please correct me if I'm wrong.