02-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #30
Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
What made you decide to go with this over a wk2? Curious because your clearly like to tinker and play and this platform is pretty limited with mods to where the wk2 has a lot.

I originally considered the WK2 over the x5m for reliability and technology... I also think that there are a lot more options as far as minor stuff like wheels, etc. Ultimately the biggest factor ended up being that a good buddy of mine got one and immediately put the RIPP kit on it and did all the fun stuff and I didn't want to be a copy cat. These trucks aren't cheap... $28k to fix a blown motor and your hopes of finding one in a junk yard are slim to none.. So outside for a stage II tune and downpipes, i'm leaving her alone.
I had a WK1 that was pretty hooked up and loved pretty much everything about it. After driving something that was forced induction I don't think I could ever go back to a NA vehicle. I ultimately decided on the X5M b/c I was really looking for a GTR and couldn't find anything that met my financial constraints as well as the need to get something that was fairly new with low miles. Don't get me wrong my last Jeep was a neck snapper, I always had people paying me compliments and it was just a really unique ride all around. I feel like even though the difference between the wk1 and wk2 would have been a change I was still looking for more of a change then that.

After test driving the X5M I fell in love. I had my Jeep lowered but it still never handled anywhere close to as well as the X5M does stock. I also did a little bit of research into tunes and mods before I bought it and talked myself into PP-Performance's tune with supporting mods that they claim will net you 700+hp. I figured I could live with that and at the very least it will be a positive that there is only so much you can do to these b/c my last Jeep ended up costing more in mods then the Jeep itself cost me to buy. I had a Jeep that I paid $32,000 for and that I personally dumped at least $25,000 into. On top of that when I bought it from Tony Hawk he gave me a receipt for $29,500 from Hennessy Performance. So I thought it was a pretty good idea to make sure I couldn't go fu*kin nuts again and blow my wad trying to propel a SUV into doing a 9 sec. quarter mile.

So my decision was 2 fold I wanted a change from what I had been driving and I wanted to make sure that I didn't get myself into a situation where I was just constantly throwing money at something for mods and ultimately MORE POWER!

Last edited by Travis1807; 02-28-2016 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: ?
Appreciate 0