Travis1807
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by socale39 View Post
That hood.....

Color matched would look so much better IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I agree with you. Black hoods look out of place on BMWs (especially on that classy SSII paint!)….but it's not our car
I'm inclined to agree with you both and appreciate both of you taking the time to leave your feedback. Ultimately i'm thinking about a two tone paint job.

I want to keep the Silverstone 2 paint on the lower portion of the body and then do a black and carbon fiber upper portion (it will look more like a stripe). I'll try to explain this as best I can and hopefully I can find some pictures of another similar paint job. Starting from the front I want to get a Vorsteiner carbon fiber front lip and then paint the middle of the bumper that lays in between the top of the Vorsteiner front lip and the bottom of the hood in black. Then everything from at least the bottom of the windows up will get a black coat of paint. So on the back hatch it would either get black paint from that first lip below the glass up or the entire upper portion of the back deck where the "BMW & X5M" emblems sit will get done in black. I would finish with a Vorsteiner carbon fiber rear diffuser.

I'm not sure what body line to follow the one at the bottom of the windows or the one that runs through the door handles. I hate the idea of wrapping anything but I might have some put on just to see how I would like the paint job I'm thinking of. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Also if you think my idea is distasteful or you just don't like it b/c its not your style I still want to hear your opinion.

Below are some pictures of a newer Jeep SRT8 with a similar two tone paint job so you can get an idea of what I'm thinking of.
Attached Images