Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
As-per Porsche: The Macan is Porsche's best handling vehicle with 4 doors. Nuff said.
Panamera's have 4 doors and I'm pretty sure they've set some ring records. Haven't seen the macan do the same. As I said, I don't get why people love urban SUVs.
Point taken regarding the segment overall. I am so not a crossover/SUV/truck guy at all. Since I'm a loyal sedan owner seriously shopping for a Macan I feel I can contribute to the discussion.

For me this is about shopping for a Porsche. The main challenge is I am an avid golfer and need to fit at least one golf bag (preferably cart size) and a pushcart.

This can definitely be done in a 911, but a used late model, at least with the options I demand, is just beyond my budget right now.

The current Cayman can fit the push cart, but cannot accommodate even a small carry bag... Sadly this car just is not an option.

This leaves me the Macan. I can fit two full size bags and two pushcarts in a Macan! I see the GTS or Turbo as having enough fun and performance, while delivering more utility, and a WAY nicer interior than say a M3 for close to the same money. Plus there is one other thing... I can't get Active Cruise Control in the current M3 like I can in the Macan (plus lane keeping). Call me addicted to ACC if you want, but that single feature really impacts my interest in the M3, and M2 for that matter.
This will be a really great option. To me the turbo is like a GT - very fast, comfortable and smooth. The GTS is the sportiest of the entire lineup. The GTS is what the engineers originally designed and everything else is a variation even though it came later. There is more to the GTS than just revised mapping and PASM+AS. You can't get an S and option it to be a GTS. It's like getting a 335 and modding to be an M3. You can get close but it won't be the real thing. The turbo spec'd out can get north of $100k. I think the GTS is perfect, plus the GTS is only released in limited quantities per year. Good luck! Also I'm not an SUV guy at all, and the GTS feels nothing like an SUV. It drives better than my 335 with KW coils

GIAC S2 | Brembo GT BBK 355/345 | BBS CH-R | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | AR Design: DP, S1 Oil Cooler, OCC | AMS FMIC | Bastuck Quad Exhaust | Borla MP | KW V1 | Stett: CAI, CP | Forge DV | P3 Boost Gauge | Arkym: Front Lip, Rear Quad Diffuser | Vorsteiner CSL Trunk | LUX H8 | ModMyNav | MFD M3 Sideskirts | BMW M-Tech Front/Rear Bumpers, Edition Grills
Appreciate 0