View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #2391
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
I'm not a hunter (but fairly deep in the gun world), but some states have very specific hunting laws regarding what you can use.
Fair enough - never considered that. Up here, I believe they don't care if you use a slug or shot, but you can't use rifles unless you head farther north. But in general, shotguns are ok, due to the lower range of the shot / slug.

That being said, I've just learned that apparently I cannot have more than 3 shells in the shotgun if I'm hunting. I'm not sure if I can argue that I'm not hunting and it is predator defense until I get to my hunting spot...say for a case where you have to walk through woods to get to pond/lake for some ducks.

We'll see...depend on whether I'm going alone or not. If I'm alone, I'll probably load for bear just in case and fight the ticket if I get caught. But if there's at least one other person, then between six legal shells, I don't see any issues.

That being said...I might not even have time to pump more than three anyways...have no idea.
Appreciate 0