Jtravapd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 sport edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWONG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
My iPhone 4 has to be plugged in via USB to get my music. Bluetooth alone only links the phonebook, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almuhairi View Post
connect it via USB to get the music there is a special cable for it you can get it from the dealer, Bluetooth alone only links the phonebook and make calls .
Misinformed replies. Bluetooth music works fine for me. I *think* you need the 2011.5 iDrive for this work though.

See if this helps.
1) Press the CD button near the iDrive knob.
2) Scroll all the way down on the source list to "Bluetooth (audio)"
3) Your iPhone should be on the list if it is connect via Bluetooth
4) Press the Option button under the iDrive knob.
5) I don't remember the exact lingo, but it should be something along the lines of "Configure <iPhone Name>"
6) Make sure the Audio box is checked
7) Your iPhone should then appear as a Bluetooth source under External Devices

I got my x5 this past January. It's a 2011 with most options. I don't have the iPhone charger/connector plate that you could buy. I can plug my iPhone into my truck by using a regular iPhone USB cable just like you would use for your computer. I cannot send music wirelessly to my radio though.
Months ago members on this forum said it was because apple doesn't support whatever version of Bluetooth that would allow this to be done. Supposedly apple waits until its completely bug free before releasing stuff like that.
Again this is what was said on this board by multiple members in an old thread. I recently upgraded my iPhone 4 to the 5.0 software so I don't understand why the iPhone still won't let us send our music wirelessly to our stereo. Or why can't we get our messages on our navigation screen in the office setup. My x5 supports it because my friend showed me how it worked with his phone that was using android software. Apple is screwing us over
Appreciate 0