05-20-2016, 09:54 PM   #58
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I lucked out in that my buddy works at the BMW dealership, so he came to my house and helped me swap them out and reinstalled my catless downpipes inside of 8hrs. When BMW finally admitted their fault, we worked it out where I took it to the dealership, still got my service loaner and he used the allotted book time to do other work on my truck, which is when he found the leaking vacuum pump. I saved my old injectors as well, he swapped them out for me and I sold them locally for the same price as I bought the Rockauto ones to recoup my costs. On the wild chance you can work something out at the dealership, maybe you can do the same or you can ship your defective ones to me, I'll swap them with my buddy and mail them back to you.

How'd they test the injectors to verify which ones failed, etc? I was getting black peppering all over the backend then eventually I couldn't even get the truck to run when my index 7's failed. I've got no codes, just the nagging and random reduced power warning that I'm hoping will go away when I finally swap out the CCV and vacuum lines.
I appreciate that. I may try to return them under warranty first and see what happens. I guess these were throwing codes, they said that they tested the flow somehow. Don't ask me how.

Can you check with your mechanic buddy if he knows how they do the injectors? Do they only replace old index ones or all? I suppose that's probably up to the SA.
Appreciate 0