motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobo1104 View Post
My X6 has rattles EVERYWHERE inside the car. Center console, side of the door both drivers and passenger side, back right of the car and front passenger area. Ive taken the car to dealership to try and address the problem many many times and new ones seem to come in everytime I fix one area. Does anyone else have this problem?

P.S. There is VERY ANNOYING rattle coming from inside of the woodtrim area of the driver's door area. (Apprently the wood trim on the door is loose?) Does anyone have any idea on how to access the inside of this wood trim? One time a mechanic at bmw told me they did something inside to remedy this problem and it seems its not fixed. I want to do this myself.)
In my case (and this is the second X6 I own) both cars had the same rattle noise problem mostly coming from the rear hatch door cover, I found that the rear hatch plastic cover makes noises when is hot.....when is cold...when the chassis twists.... or when driving on a bumpy road, personally, never had issues with noises coming from the doors or dashboard trim.
The other plastic parts that rattle sometimes are the plastic covers that covers the bottom sides of the seats. Haven't done nothing yet.

I did some "tricks" in order to minimize as much as possible the rattling of the rear cargo hatch and the rear cargo cover.

Check the following pics for better understanding of what I did:

This first picture stopped the rattling from the cargo cover, I just put some one-side adhesive foam trim, like the one used to seal refrigerators, it really worked for me.

This second pic shows the same one-side adhesive foam trim placed all over the hatch cover perimeter, the idea was to avoid any "rubbing" between plastic and metal

This 3rd and final picture is the one that really made the difference, this is a back view of the rear hatch cover, I bought a roll of adhesive aluminum foil the one used to stop leaks from roofs (it has a black petroleum thick layer), I did cover almost the whole back of the plastic cover, the idea was to make it more heavy and also a solid feel, and the result was impressive
Appreciate 0