05-13-2021, 03:30 PM   #8
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmoore12 View Post
Do I need to update my bluetooth? (2013 E70M)

Sometimes the bluetooth system has issues connecting to my phone aswell as displaying music track information. I usually have to switch between media selections to try and get it to work correctly.

Also after playing music it sometimes begins to crackle, kinda like static, but more digital feel. I have to then disconnect my phone using the idrive and reconnect it for it to go away.

Maybe its my phone, maybe the idrive bluetooth module needs to be updated. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this.

I had similar experiences with my 2011 e93 335i which had a similar idrive.

Other solution is for me to switch to apple and connect my phone via usb. Or buy a cheap iphone/itouch and use spotify through that.

The link below says my vehicle is up to date:
https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html
As far as I'm concerned the weird static thing is normal. Both my 335d and x5d do the same exact thing... I'll be listening to music, it'll glitch, skip around and bit, then will sometimes go back to playing fine or it does it's little "bzzzt" noise every few seconds until I turn off Bluetooth and reconnect again.
It's frustrating that it does that but I'm so use to it now I just accept it as a flaw. The driving experience makes up for it.