KayTees
Tuned ///M Cars Only
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C |'20 F97 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKZOOM View Post
Mine too is discolored/faded. The stripes on the M badge are faded. I think there is a layer of sealant applied by BMW after they paint the stripes on the M badge and if that seal is broken it allows air to get in under the seal which causes the fading.

I tried dipping the emblem and it worked but some of the dip, when still liquid, seeped into the sealed area. Now there's a bit of black dip under the seal and on the faded stripes. Working with dealership to get M badge and stripes replaced under warranty.
Just gonna carbon fiber all the quarter pieces as a temporary fix, the idea of a black emblem was inspired by mark_tdot but I zoomed in and figured that it was actually looks to be carbon fiber. I have over 5ft of carbon fiber left over from my interior wrap and thought its a not that bad of an idea for a temporary fix until I order myself a OEM/Good Quality Roundel. Also, I was thinking as for the fade, would a protective shield for the emblem prevent fades on the roundel? There's one from Bavarian which doesn't look like half bad. Haven't seen one for the M emblem tho.

EDIT:

Last edited by KayTees; 09-14-2015 at 04:57 AM..
Appreciate 0