View Single Post
      06-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #39
itsme123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Just to report back on more findings. Because of my burned out PIAAs (which was sent back for an exchange.), I experimented with couple of bulb to see for my self what kind of results I get. First, PIAA Extreme White 4150k. Not white enough at all. Just a hair whiter and brighter then stock but no where near what we want to achieve. Second, GP Thunder 8500k. Interesting result. The inner ring is white and intense. The white is very close to the F10 BMW "liquid light" white and the intensity is really very good as well. The intensity is even brighter then any of the LED replacements I've seen (have yet to seen LUX). BUT....here is the big BUT. The outer ring's intensity falls off dramaticly. I mean I've never see a larger difference between the inner ring and the outer ring of all the LED and H8 bulbs I've tried. Very strange. Also the outer ring have this weird green tint to the look. I guess it's from the intensity falling off affecting the spectrum of the light.

If only Mr. Lux can get his act together....wink, wink, caugh, caugh.....

Now for discussion: Why can't the LED manufacturers just put brighter LED in these things? Maybe Mr. Lux can chime in on this one.
Appreciate 0