View Single Post
      03-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #2
Fats
Rep
Drives: X5M

Hello, long time luker here. Your post interested me because my X5M is in for the fuel injector recall. I was advised my truck would need all the crankcase lines because all were brittle and/or leaking (x5 items to the tune of about $1800 bucks incl labor and parts[!]). After reading your post I called my SA to find out if he'd recevied anything about the recall and he could find nothing for my car. So, yeah. Um gonna get got for the entire cost of labor and parts.

So, I've inquired about the injector recall at least three times over the past year and my VIN only this week produced any reference to the campaign for the Airbags, Fuel Pumps, and Injectors while others received notification a year earlier it seems (Yeah, I'll get the notification about the Connecting Line immediately after I've paid). Can't win

FYI: After dealing with this for the last couple of days my thoughts are that even if your connector is the only part noted in the recall it may be worthwhile to pay for and change out all the venting related to the crankcase including the left and right bank vent lines and filtered airducts for both sides, as well.

Labor for just replacing the vent line is about $1K USD so bulk of the labor cost should be covered in your recall but the additional parts will cost about 600-800 depending on where you purchase. I found all parts including the connector for $615.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0