03-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
mirandardm
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 528iS; BMW X6 35i

Battery Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
What a stupid way to lose 1/2 hr. of message when the site terminates while ur still typing

BMW needs a worldwide total recall to check that the battery installed in x6's are correct.
After 3 visits, nobody suspected that the wrong battery could be installed from the factory!

If i had not come across the Car & Driver article on their Long Term x6 test report, and read that they had discovered the wrong battery installed from the factory, i'd still be wasting time at my dealer to get them to resolve the problem!

Send those responsible for installing & those inspecting their work/quality control for vehicle electronics, back to washing the factory floor with a mop for a month minimum!

Provide some valuable consideration, as a gesture of goodwill, to those of us who've spent countless hours/days chasing after their service depts. on wild goose chases.

These are the Canadian part #'s involved:
Supposedly incorrect battery # 61216946334 orignally from Spartenburg factory
Apparently Correct battery # 61217553954 from bmw dealer.

I've mentioned in #15 in "Problems & Solutions" with greater detail.

I would be totally disappointed w/ BMW, & buy from their competition if my battery issues persists!
Hello Archwerks,
My X6 35i also have the same "increased battery discharged" issue. I brought it to the dealer today, and they checked the battery installed; they confirmed it to be the correct battery . Their recommendation is for me to buy a trickle battery charger, as they said my driving profile is low (NOT ENOUGH USE OF CAR). I have 3 cars and yes, the X6 is kept mostly in the garage.
Do you think they are giving me the straight answer? Appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
mirandardm (from Calgary, Canada)
Appreciate 0