808house
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M sport

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i sport  [0.00]
2011 X5 50i  [0.00]
Long road but very happy w/a couple questions

First post, althought I've been reading them for a while. (many thanks for all the very helpfull advise)
Brief history, I bought a 2011 X5 50i premium package w/o adaptive drive in March, and after 20 days started having a few probs. the worst of which was the the dreaded shakey/smokey start with reduced power and engine malfunction warnings... The first of which happened the morning after a low oil warning 300 mi from being full. Long story short (and I'll try and answer any questions as best I can if you ask) two trips to BMW and they wanted 18K to fix... The truck was still under car max 30 day "dealer" warranty, before the 125,000 mile I baught kicked in, and they would not pay for it. They did agree to take the truck back, and ship another of my choosing out free of charge. I ended up finding a 2011 50i M sport with 12,000 less miles, and to keep me happy they sold it to me at the same cost... This truck is loaded. Adaptive drive, HUD, heated and vent. comfort seats, and full leather dash/doors/trim... I was pissed when the first one ate itself, but after all the dust settled, I couldn't be happier with the end result.

I've had it up in the Malibu hills, and this thing is surprisingly sure footed. Going from off sport to on sport changes the feel in a big way...

I do have a couple questions:

I love the look of the X5M front carbon lip, does anyone make something similar for the M sport? Or has anyone considered trying to adapt one?

With the velos tuner, if you flash back to stock, can the dealer still tell you've been messing around with the engine mgmt?

Thanks,
Here are couple pics before I start to make any changes...
Appreciate 0