View Single Post
      07-31-2017, 03:17 PM   #47
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Because it's a street legal track car that will destroy a GT3 RS on the track, which is the place both of those cars are built to drive in. Because I go to the track to drive fast, which is the stated intention of most people there.

Have you driven a GT3s on the street? I have so I will welcome you back into the real world. Welcome. For someone to call that 'much better to drive on the street' is interesting, because a regular GT3 has rock solid suspension which seems to have dampers made of granite. You cannot daily drive a GT3 RS any more than a Viper, I'm sorry.
I haven't driven a GT3 RS, but it would be logical to conclude it is an even worse DD than a regular GT3.

Now, if you're talking about which car is better to show off in a Cars and Coffee... that is a different story.

I sincerely hope the new GT2 RS is able to beat the ACR's time. At 300k$ list price and 500k$ actual price, I hope the Porsche fanboys throw a party celebrating that a car that costs as much as a unloaded Porsche 911 GTS is beat by another costing 4x that much. Heroic! What a feat!!

Next up, a carbon hulled $30M dollar sail boat manages to beat a liferaft with one oar and a child doing the rowing! It's owners are throwing a party to celebrate their achievement!

Also, it isn't my problem that Porsche is unable to build their track cars with proper downforce or horsepower. That's on them. That they have suckers willing to pay is also obvious.
"Oh but wait my GT3 RS is a MUCH better street car than that Viper!! Because, you know, I never ever trailer my GT3 RS that isn't even registered because it's such a badass track car. I made sure to buy a 'race car' that was really comfortable driving the wifey around and of course this is my only car so I had to make sure to buy the comfort edition one"

Fortunately, in the real world a 918 owner makes a long post on Rennlist about how much he likes the ACR as a track car. It's good to see some people aren't starved for attention badge whores and simply like cars based on their merits. I guess you need real money to do that. Meanwhile, all the poor starving people live their lives hoping and wishing they scrap enough dough together to buy a GT3 because it's a true 'race car'.
Damn dude, did a Porsche owner bang your wife or what?
Appreciate 0