View Single Post
      01-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #196
gleech
Rep
Drives: BMW E46M

Ok, so I took my M to the dealer. And the night before, I rescanned and just getting misfire on cylinder 6. Upon opening the hood while the vehicle is running. I noticed right away that there's some weird noise. I know how the sound of BMW injector, I'm not new to the sound, and this sound is way different, the tick tick sound of the injector has more interval into it, not like a fast pace one. I noticed the fuel line going into injector 6 has a strong vibration and once you hold it you can feel it right away that it is loose. Tried to push the injector and the sound changed to the normal fast pace tick tick.

So I told it to the dealer and even showed it to them. So they changed injector 5 and 6. So right when I got to the dealer to pick it up. They told me the engine malfunction went on. And they need to do more testing.

Fast forward. I got email from my SA telling me that the cylinder head needs replacement. Turns out the injector pitted the injector bore. I asked on who will shoulder the cost and he said there's no cost to me. but I will drop by to talk to them personally. I don't want any surprises.

So if you hear something weird on your injector, check it right away. I have a video on how it sounds with loose injector and once I push it in.
Appreciate 0