View Single Post
      03-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #180
donho(FL)
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fats View Post
M5james, my 2 cents: I suggest you taking a look at your crankcase breather/vent lines, if you haven't already. One vent line per bank (x2), one filter per side (x2) and a connector lineline. One or more of these may be cracked/and or unservicable from the intense heat the engine produces.

This could explain the soot, putting, surging during low load/idle situations re-introducing too much unburned fuel by way of blow-by back into the cylinders.

This would also explain why you have no issues at high loads (e,g. Walking a GTO )

PS: Whoa. Just saw the previous comment. Rest assured, I'm not attempting to be a know-it-all. I just happen to be going through the same thing myself and thought I'd contribute. Hoping to be a part of the community.
This happened to me just after I had been driving hard and fast in M mode. The car idled terribly and would sputter and lurch at traffic lights. I got a CEL but no other message. It turned out to be one of the breather lines. By the way, the ECU had to be reset after the line was replaced.

I did receive a "reduced power" message a couple of years ago when one of the fuel pumps was failing. Both were replaced under warranty.
Appreciate 0