01-24-2011, 12:40 PM   #38
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloogy View Post
I'm holding off till I see some more options, before making a purchase. I also want something I can easily remove before taking in to the dealership for service.
+1.. I think that for what Terry offers is good (as a Stg 1 product). But I want more than a Stg 1 product. It's pretty easy to remove but looking at what's coming out for STG 2 for both BMS and VISHNU, I'm getting to the point where I'm going to be tired (or lazy depending on your perspective) of lifting the hood, removing all the extra stuff and then returning it to stock.
I would much prefer to not have to deal with connecting this wire, removing this wire and unwrapping it, then wrapping it here.... YOu get the point just to go into the dealership for an oil change (of course I could just go to the indy shops who don't care what you've got).
I don't have much expereince with flash tunes (of course I've flashed plenty of computer bios's in my time). So i'm sure it's pretty much the same and that seems like a better solution. IT may not have the same capabilities as a piggy, and maybe it won't produce as much power, but I don't see myself taking this bad boy of an X5 to the track. Maybe when warranty runs out in 4 years, I will consider upgrading the twin scroll turbo, but for now a good stable flash tune would be sufficient I think...

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0