View Single Post
      08-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

Finally decided on a tune - AA

After 5+ years with the truck i finally decided to get a tune. The car always felt it had enough power with the DP's so i never really bothered until we had a new born.

I had to get rid of the cold start as its really aggressive with downpipes & exhaust.

Called all the usual suspects and basically waited for AA to release their tune with cold start delete and get the simon 3's from back order. Actually ended up trying the tune w/out cold start delete and definitely noticed the surge in power above 2500 . It also helped regain the significant loss of low end torque after my exhaust .

After working with Nic @ AA we finally got the cold start delete sorted out . The truck now starts and revs to around 1200~1300 then settles down @ 800 then to 600~700ish @ idle.

Regarding the tune with simon 3, the download of the original code from the ecu took a solid hour but to flash the ecu was about 10 min or less.

Also after the tune make sure you have an obd reader to clear out a CEL code.

Overall I recommended the tune both for power & smoothness.

Also the guys @ AA are great. Thanks Viral & Nic