Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDP2011X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GmoneyLI
Actually just looked on Manheim and unless ur car is mint with under 10k miles, 48k is the going rate..

What I said before still applies though most of the time lol
BS. Mannheim is just an excuse. Sell it private party on Craigslist. Be patient, be prepared to adjust price, but it will sell much more than stealership will give on trade. IMO
Manheim is the highest auction price. Cars are cheaper in the smaller auctions. Why would a dealer pay more than wholesale for a car? They wouldn't. Makes no sense.
U absolutely can get more selling it urself. It could just take a looooooong time.
Trading a car in u save money on the sales tax on ur purchase too so it almost equals out. But ur not getting a penny above wholesale on the value.
Yes, agree selling yourself will take longer, but not always. The car will sell once it is priced appropriate to the market.

Its been my experience having sold many cars & motorcycles on Craigslist that once I adjust the price to the market, it will sell. Usually this means it will sell at a price higher than a dealer will give you.
Appreciate 0