07-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
Doenermann
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: mostly, but walks occasionally

Garage List
2018 530e  [0.00]
I was just outside trying to adjust mine. The location of the vertical adjustment is a PITA as the screws are a very soft plastic and cannot be reached at a 90 degree angle with a scew driver. Trial and error method underway, I accidentally adjusted my passenger side headlight horizontally and sort of got it back to where it was (this is how I knew which which scew is not vertical adjustment), and I noticed my passenger side vertical adjustment screw was already damaged at the head.

Anyway, now the lights no longer line up properly and I'm afraid to adjust them anymore in fear of stripping that damaged screw completely. The only reason I even touched them was because the dealer said they were fine and didn't adjust them, when I have complained at almost every visit in the past year....and every loaner car they ever gave me had "higher" properly ajusted lights. Now I guess it is off to the dealer again and have them align everything, and also convince them that one of their techs damamged the passenger side adjustment, not I. Ugh...

/end rant
Appreciate 0