View Single Post
      09-23-2015, 04:30 PM   #65
O4x5dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X3=5 View Post
It's actually pretty easy to remove the rear map lights if you use the right technique. Took me about 30 seconds of fiddling around to see where it unclipped and trying my trim tool in different ways to pop it out. My car is at the dealer right now so I can't take a pic, but I'll describe what worked for me. Working from the back side of the light assembly (cargo area side) insert your trim removal tool in the center. Mine is sort of L shaped, and I used the short leg of the L between the housing and headliner and the long side facing UP toward the headliner. Kind of the opposite of how you would expect to hold it. Then pressing forward you compress the clip and it just drops down. A pic would probably be much more helpful than this but it'll have to wait until I get my car back, which I hope is soon because the X1 loan I have sucks.

Will this apply to a '13 as well ? I tried as much as I can to get this removed and I think I eneded up pulling the whole head liner Still wouldn't budge.
Appreciate 0