View Single Post
      06-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
Zishan
Registered
Rep
Drives: a few

Lightbulb Angel Eyes- disappointed and my observation

Hey guys,

I just purchased a 2008 BMW X5 4.8i with the sports package, etc. etc. I really love it thus far. My first mod was the led angel eyes. Like a lot of posts I've read, people tend to be disappointed that the outer angel eyes are noticeably dimmer than the inner. I happen to join that crowd recently.

So I was playing with the H8 bulb trying to make sense of it. I happened to notice that the LED lights don't line up with the 2 holes in the headlight that transfer light into the outer rings. Anyone else notice the same? I'm using the CREE H8 led 40w bulbs.

I tried to turn the bulb so that the led lights shine directly into those holes for the outer rings, but the bulb then unlocks and isn't secured.

Wondering if there's a way to resolve this? I was thinking I could dremel the tabs on the bulbs in a way that I can adjust the angle of the bulb placement. Would it help, or am I wasting my time...

Anyways, just thinking out loud, since I can't afford doing the headlight conversion to get the true LED angel eyes experience.

Regards,
- Zishan
Appreciate 0