View Single Post
      07-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
foofitr
SoCal beach bum
United_States
Rep
Drives: DINAN X6 xDrive 50i

My Dinan X6 50i (Trigger)

I had been worried over the last couple months wondering if the long, 6 month wait for my X6 50i from Dinan would be worth it, and after checking in on the progress at their facility in Morgan Hilll yesterday, all my anxiety was put to rest.

I have to admit, giving my car away after just the 2nd month of owning it, and then seeing it again for the first time in 32 weeks, got me so excited I pratically wanted to give Trigger a big hug. (Yes, I named my car Trigger, as in a gun trigger, and yes, my girlfriend thinks its very geeky). You forget how intimidating and powerful the vehicle looks (I have always compared it to my muscular and husky pitbull "Chico") up close when you haven't been around it for a while, especially in a garage full of BMW coupes and sedans as comparisons. The suspension modifications were only somewhat noticeable, but the real difference and fun came in the test drive. The noise that it makes with the new exhaust system when you're punching it from 0 -60 is menacing and burly, and in a good way. I will post the video my girlfriend took standing on the curb while my X6 buzzed by. They have virtually eliminated the turbo lag, and the jolt you get from flooring it is really frickin' gnarly! Keep in mind this is all Stage 1, with two more stages and much more HP to come..... Alll I can say is AWESOME!
I got a chance to see the Dinan badge in the larger X6 font, and the black ceramic tips they will be adding to the exhaust next week. Totally AWESOME! In addition, they will be getting in and installing my red caliper Brembo brakes with the Dinan logo laster etched in black . And, crossing my fingers, they will take it to Stage 2 for an extra 50 HP, and I will pick it up later next week. Stage 3 will take longer, and they can complete it on the 750 they own in-house. I will be able to go to my SoCal Dinan dealer and get the software update when it's available later this year.

Overall, I am so completey stoked, you have no idea. I have been asking myself today knowing, seeing, and hearng my X6 50 with the current Dinan upgrades and others to come next week, would I prefer the stock X6 M or my soon to be completed Dinan X6 50i? I would have to go with my Dinan. The HP will be the same, but I will have a much more efficient, powerful, and unique exhaust, the cool brakes, the black ceramic tips, and the cool Dinan badge. I will give up the "M" on the seat, the big mouth bass grill, the iDrive update which I still don't know what all the fuss is about, and keep the extra $20K. They say the X6 M starts at $89K, but who are they kidding? Maybe with AM/FM cassette, manual windows and doors, 17" wheels, and an M keychain. My car, with literally every option available except the hitch and roof racks (I even bought illuminated door sills, total must have), was more expensive than that, and I bought from a close friend who told me because of the limited supply and high demand for this model, he couldn't budge on the price. In addition, for those who are considering an X6, and don't know if they should go with the 3.5 or 50i, just test drive them both, and don't just prance around the parking lot, take it on the freeway and open it up. You'll see its a total no brainer. The 3.5 just doesn't have the kick or the next level of power needed in the mountains, on hills, or even in straightaways to move the massive weight of the car. Plus, you don't want to get punk'd off the line by a Mercedes, Lexus, or Range Rover, right?

Last edited by foofitr; 07-25-2009 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 0