11-16-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Oh yea....I've heard that 50i exhaust note 100's of times over the last couple of years.The engine in the X "M"'s probably are tweaked TTV8's...maybe the exhaust note has been tuned to sound like a V10/V12....which is pretty easy to accomplish.BMW has left just enough suspense in this engine choice to keep us tuned in.....I guess that's the point!!!! Thanks! PalBay
Another thing to keep in mind is that the exhaust on this M version is somewhat different than the 'regular' TTV8 powered 50i model (e.g. the M style dual exhausts at the rear)!

On another note (no pun intended here ), is it just me or does the M version of the X6 look like it is somewhat lower than the standard X6?

To me it looks like there is less space in the wheel arches above the tires on Palbay's picture with the new style rims.

BTW, I like the looks of those rims... just wonder what size they are and what rubber they used on the M version
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0