08-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #51
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
But those who know can tell a 320i, 328i, 340i and M3 apart fairly easily. Maybe it's because I worked in Germany for a few years, but I tend to assume debadged cars were done for the clean look, nor trying to oversell what they are.
I totally understand where you're coming from ... but I'm in the camp of .... those who know BMW's can tell ... but those who don't have a BMW doesn't really, and will likely go mainly by badges, and that's who it's really for.

Maybe that's partly because in my area, BMWs are very popular with the Senior Citizens ... so if you're sporting a -25/28 your car can really be dismissed as ... "Eh, who cares, it's only a 328? My grandmother drives a newer 328 than that. They should've gotten a 335." As I stated before ... I have yet to see a 335 debadged. The closest is swapping out the chromed badges for black ones.

Heck, look at some of the pages in the forums ... there's a slew of folks who are adding M-Sport effects to their N52's and even going as far as going with dual exhaust. I can't see someone going through all of that and keeping a 25/28 badge. Not matter how much they say they're going for a "cleaner look" ... its hard not to call BS.
Appreciate 0