12-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #40
MYX6
Enlisted Member
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6exy View Post
I just completed this mod and did a nice 30 mile drive. I first read the forums for the 335I and 135I guys, I do not know what they are thinking that if you plug the vacuum line that it will open the valve. I don't own a 335I but on the X635I the vacuum pressure is what opens the valve. So if you plug it the valve will never open. I did keep it open by wrapping a wire around it and pulling it open and then securing the wire. It won't melt like a zip tie and it is easy to take off. I can say it does sound better. Not quite as much as a $3,000 exhaust system. But for free its worth every penny. I did not notice any loss of low end torque which is common with free flow exhausts, and I do feel the car ran better. One other note is on my loop which I do daily to work, my MPG was up...still to early to tell on that for sure.
I belive your fuel spending is a bit up just because your curiosity- how is my car now, after the change. You may also enjoy the sound and push harder the gaspedal in any posible moment. Later all will be on place, maybe even less and less (fuel spending). It is the same when you have a new girlfrend.
Appreciate 0