View Single Post
      05-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #38
dieselpres
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5 35d

A company in Austria called Steinbauer makes a plug and play module that give great power. It is sold private labeled through many BMW dealers through AC Schnizer. AC Schnizer is a division of one of the largerst BMW dealership groups in the world and according to what my dealer (Calgary BMW in Alberta Canada) tells me all their product is warranty approved by BMW. I have one installed on my 11 X5d and this thing rocks.
They have another item that my wife loves as well. It is called a power pedal. My wife has short legs and she finds the X5 has a lot of "dead pedal" before the power kicks in. The Power Pedal is a little module that plugs into the throttle pedal sensor. Normally when you step on the pedal it sends a signal to the ECM of approx 1 to 4 volts though the the full travel. This device sends the same signal to the ecm with only approx 3/4 pedal travel. It is adjustable as well. Does not give more power but it feels much more responsive because you don't have to push the pedal into the carpet to get full power.
Appreciate 0