View Single Post
      11-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #20
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

If you're new to polishing buy a dual action buffer...much safer, but more work than an orbital. I used to do all of it bc I was addicted to the tangible results. But for the X5M I went the lazy route with paint correction and then 2X ceramic coat. Especially if garage kept, the paint is ALWAYS glossy (clean or dirty), washing requires MUCH less effort, bird droppings come off with ease...it changed my way of thinking and saves me a ton of time. FWIW.

UPDATE: I took a pic this morning, car hasn't been washed in 4 weeks, but I did wipe down (Optimum No Rinse) the hood this weekend (and wiped down the wheel spokes) since it had been outside at the dealer the previous week. Coating is hydrophobic and dries with a hard surface film. I coated the wheels and painted calipers as well. Last about 2 years per coat (we'll see)...

Name:  Nov13i.jpeg
Views: 600
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  Nov13iii.jpeg
Views: 606
Size:  97.4 KB

Also, dyed the front bumper trim black this weekend. Been using forever black a long time and it does a great job. Pic below has one trim piece dyed and the other piece untouched.

Name:  Nov13ii.jpeg
Views: 587
Size:  76.6 KB

Last edited by argento; 11-13-2017 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0