09-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #8
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by takrdown View Post
The thing most people don't seem to understand about Crossfit is that it is not franchised in practice only in name. Each and every box/gym is unique in their particular approach.

At the one I go to they will absolutely not let you lift any heavy weight unless you have near perfect form in that movement. They always lean on the side of caution.

There are absolutely some bad..even terrible apples in the CF world and they should be avoided like the plague, but if you are comfortable where you are going and feel safe and that the coaches know what you are doing, then enjoy it! Just be sure to educate yourself on your body and avoid things you are not capable of. If there are meat heads at your CF then stay away!
So the one I joined is actually pretty good. They make you do a ramp-up program to make sure you have the technique down before you start adding any large amounts of weight.

The ramp up is a 4-week program 3 x a week of drilling and technique and then a quick set to knock out based on that session all within an hour. After the ramp-up I can join the regular classes and they have people from all walks of life in there so I'm not concerned about getting pushed to injury. I'm new to crossfit but not to lifting so I know my limits and am pretty good about working to get form over quantity.
Appreciate 0