View Single Post
      10-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
Cashe77
Rep
Drives: Possible X3 M Sport Pkg or X5d

New to BMW, Please help me decide!

HI all! I'm new to the BMW family. I am currently in an 05 FX35 and was looking at the X5d, X3 and ML350 Bluetech.

I built out the 2012 X5d as
Platinum Gray/ Oyster/ Bamboo Trim
Premium Pkg
Sport Activity Pkg with 20" wheels
Running Boards
BMW Apps
Smart phone integration

MSRP $64,775
Invoice $56,900

I haven't gotten a quote on the X3 but it was
Carbon Black / Oyster / Fineline Wave Wood
Premium Sound
Cold Weather Pkg
Technology Pkg
M Sport Pkg
Premium Pkg
Split fold down rear seats
BMW Apps
Smart Phone integration
Extended Warranty

MSRP $57,234

I love the sporty feel of my FX, so that's why I love BMW, but my FX also feels more "plush" comparatively. Which is how the ML350 I test drove felt. However, I don't know if I like the play in the steering w/ the ML, however it did have less of the turbo drag and drove more like a gasoline engine than the BMWs. That being said, I've had many friends w/ MB and they complain constantly that they are always in the shop and I am so afraid that will be me. I need something reliable and my friends w/ BMWs rant and rave about them.

Anyway, knowing that this is a BMW forum, I realize I will get more opinions toward it, so if you feel that it's easier to help me choose between the X5d and the X3, I would greatly appreciate it. I love the look of the M Sport Pkg, but I like the gas mileage of the diesel and I am getting rid of the FX35 to get something a little bigger, which the X5d fit better than the X3.

I just didn't know which buy would be better in the long run. Please help!

TIA!
Appreciate 0