01-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #5
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
People just don't get it , the X6 is not a 4x4. If you need to crawl over boulders buy a jeep ( or if 4x4 must be shaped like a box a rover). X6 is basically a 5200 pound sporty car, will not call it a sports car because you could not drive something that weighs this much and call it a sports car with a straight face.

I'm amaze that the "borg" mentality has crept into the auto world, were everything that has an engine must fit into some classification that has been determine by people that appointed themselves as the only ones that can "bless" a car as being correct, ya bite me.

I don't consider Top Gear a serious car show but it's entertaining. And surprise a rover can go up the hill with truck tires on it but the X6 can't with performance tires. Even the guys in the states that live where it snows change out the performance tires.
But there again you missed the point of what he said. I quote 'this car was made by a world for a world that no longer exists'. I think this is where he hit the nail on the head. Most people today who are willing to spend his kind of money would rather get something more all rounded than something so specific. Don't get me wrong. I love the X6, and would consider one for a replacement for the 335, but pragmatically, I would rather have a 4 wheel drive X5, Q5, Q7, GL, X3... hell even an allroad A4/A6 if they ever got them here
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0