05-20-2008, 08:14 AM   #9
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeVetti View Post
The 128 looks nice, but I wish it had more dimension to it. Why is this style the only offer in chrome? I wish the 275 came in chrome...

Question to all: Is it better to get aftermarket wheels instead of going through BMW? Besides the price difference, do many owners decide to go to custom dealers or do they stick with BMW?
I think you'll find people are split 50:50 on this. A lot of BMW owners prefer OEM wheels, but you do pay for it. Plenty of people buy either different styles from other manufacturers or replica BMW styles from third-party makers. I haven't heard of many probems with doing this. The wheels tend to be a bit heaver than the genuine article, but since 19- and 20-inch wheel/tire combos are so heavy anyway, I can't see it being much of an issue.

On my X5 I have OEM 18-inch wheels and OEM 20-inchers. My wife's M3 has OEM 18-inch summer wheels and aftermarket ATS 18-inch winters. On my previous 540i I had OEM summer wheels and Moda winters. No problem with any of the wheels on any of the vehicles.
Appreciate 0