View Single Post
      03-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #80
Performancedieselpros
Banned
Rep
Drives: X6 m

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
In regards of power, changing the intakes shouldn't make much of a difference… if any. The way an engine makes more power with turbo is different than NA. Raising the boost pressure will allow more air into the cylinder to produce more power. A free flow intake system helps more on NA.
When you are pushing the turbos to its limit is when you’ll see a power increase from changing the intake. Some people are at the point, but not many.

The main purpose I would change the intake, other than a cooler sound, would be to increase the size of the intercoolers. The power potential of adding 2 more inches of intercooling is far greater than changing the intake.

There’s a reason why you’ll find many companies spending R&D for downpipes for our cars instead of intakes. Performance gains are easily proven with downpipes oppose to intakes on a turbo application.
You have to remember CFM increase and reduction of restriction is also a reason to remove as much in the way of the inlet as possible!

@M5James,

Send me closer multiple angles of the pieces, aswell as sensor bung requirements.

I'm going to discuss with my fab guy..... Here's an example of his work on piping... everything built from scratch! This was prior to smoothing, heat treated, and chromed.

Appreciate 1
TTV8M123.50