View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #66
goodmaj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63S Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwarg View Post
I found a car that I really like! About to purchase if everything checks out during CPO checklist.

A few quick questions:

1. One of the previous past services done on this car is "leak at gearbox input (converter bell housing), automatic transmission leaking." How serious is this? The car is still under warranty, but don't want to be at the dealership fixing the car all the time.

2. For M sport package and 20" M Wheels Style 333, is there a recommended tire choice? I ask because as part of the CPO certification they have to replace all 4 tires. I recall that for the 335i they had a few run flat tire options (Michelin being a little nicer than Bridgestone). I wouldn't want the tire selection to negatively affect the comfort of the ride.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the leak....random leaks can happen at any time.

There are many many many threads out there on tires. However, unless something has recently changed, to CPO the car they have to put OE tires on it, which means Bridgestones or Dunlops. You'll probably have to get Bridgestones unless you can swing something with the dealer where you get the car and then immediately sell them back the Duelers in exchange for something else, or they just agree to wink wink nudge nudge and CPO it with the tire of your choice.

There aren't too many tire options out there for these wheels. I would avoid the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus, I had them on my M5 very briefly and they were horrible. Once my Duelers go I'll be switching to DWS' and getting a compact spare. PSS' are always a popular option as well.
Appreciate 0