View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #100
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I finally got to see these new Mustangs in real life for the first time yesterday. Probably could have taken a 6MT 5.0 out for a test drive but I wasn't too interested.

What I liked:
- Looks way better in real life. I really really didn't like the rear of the car in the pics, but it looks decent. One of them had a lip spoiler on the trunk and that made it so much nicer. The front, I've always liked
- Pretty nicely loaded at $40k. Had cooled seats which actually worked
- Rims looked awesome for stock car

What I didn't like
- Cheap plastics. The dash itself was half decent and I could probably live with it. But then there were some hilariously cheap trims. As in even Kia interiors are nicer. Next time you guys take a look at these cars, look at things like the A-pillar trim or door panels.
- It's bloody HUGE. I could be wrong, but it seriously felt about the same size as a V10 M6. That lone makes me lose interest in the car. Somehow, while being that big, when I'm in my driving position (I'm 5"10), the rear seats were useless. Nothing like the E92 where you could actually fit 4 adults.

Anyway, I'm still interested to see what the GT350 does, it definitely sounds exciting. But this is not really the car I'm looking for just because of its sheer size. I'm looking to add something much smaller to the E92. Overall, it's one of the few American cars that I'd actually have consider. I think this should be a successful car though

07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0