United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
For Apple, yes. For Android, I can connect and then the touchscreen of the stereo controls the touchscreen on the phone from what I've seen on videos. If that's the case, I'm sure I'll find myself mirroring my phone, putting it into the cupholder and doing everything via the stereo from playing music to Waze, etc
the iPhone mirroring works now, since November update but its still not great (there are black borders on both sides) so its not full screen! Now I've used SmartView from BimmerTech prior to this system for more than a year and came to this system thinking that I really need this mirroring option but guess what I haven't used it since I moved to Avin. I don't see any advantages of mirroring while I have everything I used to use mirroring for build in to Android!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I love how all these people are coming outta the woodworks with this stereo! So I bought one for my E70 and the GF's E61. I was able to work a deal with a free backup camera for the GF's car and two free GPS splitters. I was going to get the GF the DVR setup as well, but it's $150...has anyone else gotten it or tried something different? I just found this on eBay, I like that it's dual camera, but I'm not certain if it'll work. I've asked AVIN to refund the camera price, and on the chance it doesn't work, looks like I'll be back to buying their camera and paying shipping as my learning lesson.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/152712898105?
as far as camera goes, check out my link, this camera using Sony CCD and supposable a better quality!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-...311.0.0.DV6L2k

myself, I kept the front camera I've used with SmartView but have yet to connect it!
Appreciate 0