View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
BlackX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TL TypeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt1998gt View Post
The coolant issue is more of when the water pump fails because it is electric. Usually the hoses and expansion tank is replaced with it. I had the same issue on my X5 and my 335i, usually 50 to 75k is when the go, mine went around 90k.

If the guy has the maintenace records and wants to sell the car he can provide it for you, either the buyer can get a copy from where did the work and if you have any concerns take it to an indy for a PPI.

My recommendations is to buy the 50i with an extended warranty. If you want to go without the warranty then look at the 35d.
What is Indy
What is PIP

I had an older camaro where i replaced the mechanical water pump with an electrcial water pump. And the manufacturer clearly stated the electrical pump has a lifetime expectancy of a certain number of hours. Beyond that, you are at risk. So yes, I believe it. I'm sure BMW is no different.

Yes I agree with your mileage estimates. It agrees with What I see.

I am thinking about buying this Mechanical Breakdown insurance. It is supposedly different than an extended warranty.
https://www.dcu.org/loans/mechanical-breakdown-insurance.html

Or instead of buying the 50i, why not go with the 48i. I know the older model has a less desirable navigation.. But no turbo and more instance power and no electrical pump.. right? I think those are mechanical.
Appreciate 0