View Single Post
      03-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #38
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluxa View Post
I obvously know what RON rating it says on the petrol station, for example here in Moscow for DD on all my turbo cars I use RON 98, however, unfortunately, not always this fuel is actually RON 98. I mean it could easily be bad quality 98 or even smaller RON rating fuel.
I will try to explain why I ask this question. When I do some upgrade to my Suabru I go to my tuner and we will map the car on a specific fuel that I will in most cases use. If later I use even another petrol company, fuel can be different and this could lead to richer/leaner fuel/air mixtures and potentialy cause problems. So when I purchase the ESS mapping kit and send you my original map, will you be able to see what fuel I use so the map is 'unique' to this fuel, or the map is universal for all X5/6Ms and the ECU itself alters engines work after the re-map? I hope I have explained my worry here

Also, do ESS take into consideration exactly what aftermarket parts are installed, for example SS de-cat with Akrapovic EVO exhaust, or SS x-pipe with Eisenmann muffler and K&N filters, or you just look at whether the car is de-cat or not?

thx beforehand for explanation
Modern BMW's run fully adaptive control systems that will adjust if fuel quality changes. We tune the car based on the fuel that is most commonly used and if it changes for the better or worse the ECU will adapt on it's own correctly. We can tune for catless downpipes and the exhaust system. Simple mods like filters do not require tuning.
Appreciate 0