View Single Post
      02-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #15
Lunker325
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M / 991.2 C4S

Have some updates to share:

So I took it into the dealer and they concluded that the FRM module is fine. They did see stored codes for both headlights, but couldn't find any current faults in the system at the time, so I think I can eliminate the FRM as a possible problem for the passenger headlight acting up.

Once the weather gets a bit warmer I'm going to pull that headlight to see if there is any corrosion or issues on the bottom where the modules connect to the housing.

Something I forgot about until I started down this road is that the truck was in an accident prior to my purchasing it. As I was looking through the records, I saw that the passenger side cornering module was replaced, but nothing else related to that headlight. No doubt this has something to do with the issues I’m seeing.

Concerning the adaptive feature not working, I had someone sit in the truck and turn the wheel while I looked at the headlights. Surprisingly, I saw that the passenger side was indeed moving, just in the opposite direction that it should, but not in a “fluid” motion like the drivers side does. I’m guessing that the cornering module was not coded when it was replaced (even though the work was done at a BMW dealers body shop) and it thinks it’s on the drivers side. Looking into having it coded to see if starts working correctly.

I’ll keep updating this thread as things progress in case it may help someone else in the future.