08-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #56
GoHokiesGo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFiftyWon View Post
Be confident and collected. Show through preperation how important this is to you. Ask someone for a mock interview. Make sure they know what it is you can bring to the table and how beneficial you would be to them. Typically in every question they are looking for an answer that suggests you have a desired trait or skill. Disect the questions and try to understand the reasoning behind it and try to demonstrate as much professionalism as possible. Hope this helps
I agree with this - practice some of the standard questions for an interview, and try to have a few questions prepared to ask the panel back. I just recently started a new job, and went through a few interviews before making my move. I felt a lot more confident and comfortable in the later interviews since I had practice from the first few.

Ask follow-up questions back to keep the conversation two-sided, remember you're interviewing them as well. Understand what changes, if any, are expected for the role now that your old boss is on his way out. Keep the responsibility expectations commensurate with the salary they offer.

JP Photography - Travel/Landscape/Automotive Photography
Appreciate 1
obert1781.00