View Single Post
      12-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #156
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Yes, GM said they did put a tune in the car to baby it. But its so funny they didn't mention that until now, once the owners got a hold of them. It must have been the reason why no reviews came out until a week or so before the cars were delivered to their owners. We'll just have to wait for someone to take a stock C7 Z06 and tune the GM babying system out.

I wouldn't call the Z/28 Ring time a botch. Just crappy timing. If they had started the run a minute or 2 earlier, then it would have posted a much faster time. Like 8 or so seconds faster I bet but we know that car is capable and track worthy than the ZL1 that is "made" for the road course......hell, the C7 Z06 shows that it CAN be a track dominate car with the handling and braking performance that was shown in Car and Driver.
Yup, never mind the fact it put down production car record G-loading and braking distances in testing. Also testers were putting down sub 1:30 laps at Road Atlanta. To put that into perspective, that puts it on pole for Continental Tire Race by almost 2 seconds (thats on street tires).

It is so funny to read the Vette forums, with guys driving C5's saying "I'll keep my C5 it handles temps just fine". Congrats you drive one of the ugliest Vettes ever made. I bet 90%+ on the Vette forums can't even afford a new Z06.

Hmm, lets see...production record corning g's and braking, near ZR1 speed...for $20k+ less entry fee. Yeah GM did a terrible job...umm no.

Same thing happened on the Viper forums when the Gen V came out. All the old timers hated on it because the Gen V wasn't much faster than the earlier generation. Then the TA came out and changed that.

M4 got heat too and still is.
Appreciate 0