Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i w/ SA Package

Garage List
1976 Triumph TR6  [10.00]
1993 Bentley Turbo R  [10.00]
2011 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by batlin View Post
Are there different types of CPO warranties? Is the warranty people get when they 'extend' their factory warranty after the 4 year different then when you buy a CPO?
I don't know for sure since I didn't buy CPO. Like you, I would think a CPO warranty mirrors that of the factory warranty. However, that does not appear to be the case, as my factory warranty would have definitely covered a door lock actuator and anything else that went wrong, as long as I'm not at fault. The underwriters of the CPO warranties are very likely the same folks who underwrite the BMW extended warranties, since they're both crunching numbers to ensure BMW, overall, comes out ahead. When extending the factory warranty prior to expiration, there are many options for coverage with varying costs. I chose to keep my money in the bank. Your CPO issue may be a big unknown for many people, who are under the impression that their CPO warranty mirrors the factory warranty. I'm certain many people do not read the fine print of CPO warranties (I admit I probably wouldn't have), and salesmen probably "puff" about the coverage. I'd be interested to hear from others with CPO warranty claims experience...

Last edited by Poppyboy; 11-21-2014 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0